Friday 20 June 2014

The concert

The precious night of the concert has finally arrived, first time live in the US.  The venue was held in a smaller concert hall in Grand Praire area.  I was happy to see that the theatre was basically full and the audience seemed to be mainly middle-aged, I assume it was because of this particular line-up.
Soon after everyone was seated, a very cheerful opening greeted the crowd.  (And of course it contained the theme song from the TV series Dallas...lalalallaaallla...I know you are singing it already in your head.)  Then the orchestra first played the Hungarian dance from Brahms! What a great start, really came as a surprise for me! I have to tell you, my Hungarian pride was clearly written on my face at that certain time.  Followed by the Pointers Sisters, the 3 lady has rushed blood into our feet, we all got SO Excited!  This excitement continued with a Waltz and the amount of couples getting up to dance was pretty impressive. We also got to see the good-looking Kenny Loggins. (At least from the reaction of the women he seemed like an American hero on stage.)  The funny Natalie Choquette amazed us with her incredible voice and not just her voice was big but her mouth too, you should have seen how much spaghetti she could eat while performing.  And then we had the greatest John Miles and Michael McDonald, even singing together.  My favorite part was definitely Nile Rodgers and his Chic dance, Le Freak, who wouldn't remember that song?!  And we certainly all had Good Times!! He invited people up on stage and I managed to count around 60 people dancing up there with the full orchestra, it was already fun just watching it and being part of it!  At the very end all performers sang the 'We are family' together and I couldn't resist to take a picture with my phone, hope a little vibe comes through with this image, too.  As a closure, Carmina Burana finished off the venue, a stylish ending of this night.
In summary, had a super entertaining evening, 3 hours live performance.  I greatly appreciate the opportunity to be part of it, was certainly a once in a lifetime experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment