Tuesday 24 June 2014

Big Thank You

The concerts are finished in the US, now its time for me to write a short summary of my trip and hang on to the amazing memories. 
First a big Thank You for the Organization of the Night of the Proms for taking me to the US and being able to see this venue.  I seriously had a great time all week in Dallas and definitely enjoyed the concert, wish I could travel with the full orchestra and get to know a bunch of them, would have been a lovely experience.  Apparently, they took a bus to get to the other cities, Little Rock, Kansas City and Omaha.  On the way one of the tour bus has had a puncture, not sure if they made it on time to the event but sure it was ok as have not read anything different from that.
Second big Thank You to my friends in Dallas, I had a superb time with them.  It was lovely to be able to visit them after many years and their unbelievable support, not just that they accommodated me but they helped me with transportation and also took me to play tennis and visiting Waco, Texas (where I was able to see the Baylor University, real American campus).  I was pretty lucky, ended up on a birthday party with them Saturday night and met a Texan who I have also known for a few years, what a great surprise!
Third big Thank you for my landlord for looking after my cat all week, he missed me but at least he was still at home nice and comfy.  I received a photo in my mailbox from them during the week, my cat being on the roof staring at the sky, obviously waiting for my plane to arrive...
Last but not least, thank you for everyone reading my posts and all the support, patience I got from friends before and during my time there.  Hope to see you all with my next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment