Tuesday 17 June 2014

Dallas

I arrived in Dallas on Saturday. Had a long, but pleasant flight with klm, thanks for the organizers of the Night of the Proms.  (They are taking good care of me, making sure this trip will be a nice experience.)  In the weekend I was enjoying the superb weather with 33 Celsius, sunbathing, sitting by a pool and also driving around in the suburbs, getting familiar with the city. 
My first visit on Monday had to be the Southfork Ranch.  I bet you remember the series of Dallas and the world famous Ewing family....nah, that's where I was! I guess it's a kind of must once you are in town.  Pretty easy reach in the outskirts called Parker, a few ranches along the way and for everyone's surprise, no oil.  Like none...if you know what I mean.  The house is smaller than I expected but the land is enormous.  Nice atmosphere, still a few bulls, horses around and since the weather was perfect, I was able to hang out right at the pool of the house.  Tiny pool, you would not recognize the Olympic size as it was introduced in the film.  One of those American tricks, right?! It is particularly laid back that they let you just sit outside and enjoy the scene of the movie.  I sat on the sunbed and was thinking of the episodes, which I have not seen too many, though I clearly remember the fact they were always drinking whisky. How can I forget? So many friends of mine used to play the "Whisky game", when they drank whisky in the film, you had to drink too...had such an easy rule to follow.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment