Wednesday 4 June 2014

Winning the trip

Winning the trip to attend and see Night of the Proms in the USA wasn't easy.  The idea was to spread the word on social media about the organization starting its appearance in the US in June 2014.  I had to sign in as an Ambassador to be able to compete and collect as many registration and shares as possible through my network. I spent hours and hours per day with nagging my friends sharing my posts and also with posting the commercial daily.  It started pretty well and on the original website I could follow other Ambassadors activity.  I knew I had a chance and this time I even had more time than usual to deal with this.  Day by day I could see my profile climbing up on the ladder and also taking over the leading position.  I love Night of the Proms, attended in Rotterdam before, and somehow just had the urge to keep going.  I didn't want to stop, probably driving my friends crazy on Facebook with all my mails and posts begging to join.  The amount of people joining was increasing and I felt - even seeing the difference between me and the 2nd person - that I should not let my winning position go.  I carried on collecting shares and by the end of the contest, 31st May 2014, I had an incredible 290 shares under my name.  I knew this is it, I am the winner.  Was waiting for my confirmation mail with a big smile on my face and it landed in my mailbox just as expected.  I have never won anything and there were some days when I was doubting that this is true, what if they cancel the promotion, what if this is not real.  But it had to be, kept my faith and it was all worth it.  All the hours and effort I put in, was all worth it.  I learnt it again, that we should never give up our dreams. 
I would like to thank to all my friends again in The Netherlands, Hungary, USA and all over the world who have helped me achieving this, what an achievement, flying to Dallas in 2 weeks time  to see the opening show of the Night of the Proms.  Thank you also for the organization, such a pleasure and looking forward to be part of the show's history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment